Monday, April 2, 2012

Introduction to characters

I started to read The Great Gatsby today, finished Chapter 1. I have to say that for an introductory chapter is was actually quite good. Fitzgerald did an amazing job describing the characters, especially Tom and Daisy. I found these characters very amusing. How daisy would gossip about a person as soon as they left the room; or how Tom had a  mistress in New York though he was a married man. All of these things, made the chapter fairly humorous. I could not believe how snobby these people were. The wife, didn't even care that Tom had a mistress! I can't even begin to try to understand these people. They have everything they could ever want, and yet they don't even care. Honestly I'm very interested to see how the rest of the book will turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Also I thought that even Nick and Daisy had better chemistry than Tom and Daisy. Nick was the only person who had a sane mind in this chapter.

    ReplyDelete